Question about 2003 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
I had the same problem on my VL1500. I THINK it gets "flooded" with fuel and then the cylinder is full and will NOT turn. I have used jumper-cables to start the bike when it will not turn over.
I now start my bike with this procedure:
1. Do NOT touch the throttle.
2. Switch on the power.
3. Do NOT touch the throttle.
4. Press the "Start" button and crank the engine a little (1 - 2 seconds)
5. Do NOT touch the throttle.
6. Keep cranking the engine (another 1 - 2 seconds)
7. Open the throttle a VERY LITTLE (approx. 1/10 turn of throttle). keep the throttle slightly open while the engine cranks.
8. Keep cranking the engine and wait for engine to start (another 1 - 10 seconds).
It is still not a perfect start, but at least the engine cranks over now.
Remember that the VL1500 has a "decompression" system that opens the outlet valve for 2 cranks of the engine.
I suggest you FIRST make sure the engine cranks over (NO throttle), and THEN concentrate on starting the big V Twin.
Posted on Aug 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2017 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Jan 22, 2017 | Motorcycles
Aug 12, 2012 | 2001 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Feb 08, 2012 | 2001 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Apr 18, 2011 | 2002 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Feb 15, 2011 | 2002 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
May 01, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Apr 17, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Oct 24, 2009 | 2001 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
548 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: