Question about 2004 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Fuel tank empty.
13. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
14. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
2004 Vstar idle only on full choke problem
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on May 04, 2016
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2017 | 2002 Kia Rio
Jul 15, 2014 | Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Dec 10, 2013 | 2004 Dodge Ram 2500
Jul 22, 2011 | 1982 Volvo 240 Series
May 01, 2011 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Feb 22, 2011 | 1995 Toyota Celica
Jun 10, 2009 | 1995 GMC Safari
Feb 08, 2009 | 2002 BMW K 1200 LT
Jan 06, 2018 | Sym Motorcycles
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: