Question about Motorcycles
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Gear Oil
Don't ask on here is my advice telephone your local Aprilia dealer and they will tell you and even better have it in stock. If you are no where near a dealer and can get no joy from one on the phone call the importer for your country. These engines are great units but need looking after so get the official information and not rely on other peoples opinion.,,
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
i sure hope you didn't use car oil but bought motorcycle oil. The clutch is a wet-type system that uses engine oil to keep it cool. Motorcycle oil is formulated differently than car oil, which has detergents in it to add lubrication and engine life that will cause a motorcycle's clutch to slip. A new clutch is both inexpensive and easy to replace. When you buy a new clutch, don't forget the clutch cover gasket. i recommend EBC clutches.
1. Set up a little pan with MOTORCYCLE oil in it and place the new clutch discs and pressure plates in it so that they get well-covered with clean oil.
2. Drain the oil, remove the clutch cover and remove the bolts on the cover of the clutch basket.
3. Remove the old clutch parts and make sure you pay attention to what the last part is (disc or pressure plate).
4. Install the new clutch, starting with the last part you removed and alternate between the discs and pressure plates until you run out.
5. Reinstall the clutch basket's cover plate and re-torque the bolts to the specified setting, using a cross-sequence like you would on a wheel.
6. Clean all the old gasket off, install the clutch cove and new gasket and fill up your engine with oil.
7. Ride away happy because you just changed your first clutch!
Hope this helps,
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
hi buddy the oil snsor maybe clogged up or gone just take the oil sensor out and fiddle with it if theres no difference get back to me bud
Posted on Dec 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2016 | Aprilia Motorcycles
Feb 05, 2013 | 2007 Aprilia SX 50
Jul 13, 2012 | 2008 Aprilia SX 50
Jan 30, 2012 | 2000 Aprilia RS 125
Aug 25, 2011 | 1995 Aprilia Pegaso 650
May 10, 2010 | 1999 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
Apr 06, 2010 | 2002 Aprilia RS 125
Oct 30, 2009 | 2005 Aprilia Leonardo 125
Sep 24, 2009 | 2001 Aprilia RX 125
Nov 10, 2008 | 2005 Aprilia MX 125
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!