Question about 2008 Aprilia Scarabeo 200
Won't start backfires. How do I check timing?
Hi, David and the usual suspects are:
1. A severely drained battery.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Posted on Oct 24, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2016 | ATVs
Feb 12, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2014 | Garden
Apr 30, 2013 | Motorcycles
Feb 22, 2013 | Motorcycles
Dec 11, 2012 | Motorcycles
Mar 13, 2012 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883...
Jan 15, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 24, 2017 | 1985 Honda GL 1200 Interstate Gold Wing
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: