Question about 2006 Honda CBF 600
Bike lights up and headlights work, engine cranks with a new battery. fuel relay doesn't even turn on when I flip the kill switch on. seems to be a problem with the fuel pump not turning and pumping fuel. The bike has been in the shop for a month at a Honda power sports dealership. I drove it to them and they watched me drive in with no problems.. they attempted some cosmetics work on it and it won't start now...... they even put a new battery in. kinda crazy eh!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous the following is a systematic procedure for diagnosing fuel pump issues designed to keep "DRACHMA" to a minimum. If you need parts check with Amazon and eBay first to keep costs down.
1. If your pump does not turn on check the pump fuse and relay and all wiring including connectors for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
1. Normal fuel pump pressure is 3-5 PSI.
2. Check any rubber or plastic tubing for age-related pinholes by removing and plugging the ends that connect to the fuel valve and then turn on the ignition switch and watch for fuel streams exiting the pinholes, if any exist, replace tubing as necessary.
3. Check for a clogged a primary fuel filter that comes off the bottom of the pump to screen out big rocks and clean as necessary.
4. Check for a clogged secondary fuel filter that's outside if applicable by removing it from the system and replace it with a short splicing tube turn on the ignition switch and recheck fuel pressure if pressure increases to normal pressure you need a new secondary filter.
5. If all the above check out OK and the pump is not functioning properly then you need a new fuel pump.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Fuel pump not priming
fuel pump not priming CBR Forum Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners
Honda CBF600SA Service Manual
Posted on Jun 17, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I don't think you have a short. It sounds like the earth cable is broken somewhere and is arcing when you start drawing a bit of current.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
check your key it has a chip in side it and it may be faulty try your spear and i know it sounds silly but just make sure your kill switch is set to run check the hiss fuse under the seat also swap your fuel pump relay with the fan one the fuel pump relay has brown wires going to it and the fan has black and blue if you have an alarm on it it will be worth checking that make sure that the fuel pump is pluged in under the tank take a look at the hiss light does it go out wen the bike is switched on if it stays on you have a HISS problem any problems let me know and i will do my best to help
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
see if you can find the fuel cutoff relay and jumper the connector with 12volts, you should be able to jumper across two wires, using a paper clip or something like that. Make sure key is off first ...now turn on the key and you should here it. The tail light could just be a separate issue, did you check your fuses.. maybe the bulb is burnt out. See if the bike will push start..if it does, then drive it and get up to speed if the fuel pump is not doing its job you wont be able to hold that speed for long..it might even start bogging down.
Posted on Apr 14, 2010
hi i just bought a 1988 honda shadow 600 and it idles and runs sound but when i get into third and fourth gear the engine acts like its running outta gas it will bogg out completly but if i gear back down and lower th rpm it runs fine. also it seems to run better on the res. tank. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on Mar 11, 2011
my 1997 Honda vt1100 shadow will not idle wn=hen choke is off, but idels and runs with choke on and backfires on deceleration and acceleration what is my problem?
Posted on May 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2015 | Triumph Motorcycles
Feb 05, 2014 | 2006 Honda CBR 600 RR
Dec 30, 2013 | 2006 Honda CBF 1000 ABS
Feb 17, 2013 | 2006 Honda CBF 600
May 28, 2012 | 2007 Honda CBF 600
Jul 06, 2010 | 2004 Honda CBF 600 S
Jul 23, 2009 | 2002 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
Nov 10, 2008 | 2004 Triumph Daytona 600
Feb 20, 2018 | GAS Motorcycles
Feb 19, 2018 | Yamaha Motorcycles
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: