Question about Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections.
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below: Good luck
Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley...
Posted on May 24, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
On the front forks, you can change to a heavier fork oil. I run 30 wt. fork oil in my '94 FXDWG. On the rear, tighten the shocks up by adjusting the ring at the bottom of the spring. Turning the ring increases or decreases the preload on the spings depending on which way you turn the ring.
Posted on Jul 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2014 | 2000 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Apr 12, 2014 | 2007 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Jan 02, 2014 | 2000 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Oct 09, 2013 | 2004 Harley Davidson FXDL - FXDLI Dyna Low...
Jan 05, 2013 | 2000 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Jul 17, 2010 | 2002 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Aug 17, 2009 | 2004 Harley Davidson FXDL - FXDLI Dyna Low...
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!