Question about 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300 SP
Hi my Yamaha XJR 1300 2002 keeps dying while being ridden then restarts no problem but will not restart until at an absolute standstill . I have changed the sidestand shut off switch for brand new one. please help. Georges .
Hi, Georgesbower and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
HELP my XJR 1300 keeps cutting out
How To Basic fault finding How too and General maintenence
Yamaha XJR1300 2007 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XJR1300 Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 12, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if your bike is similar to an fj,you should lift the seat and battery is underneath in its own compartment to remove it,undo the rubber retaining strap the terminals and breather tube,battery lifts out vertically
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
To remove the seat
1. Insert the key into the seat lock,
and then turn it 1/3 turn to the right
Sorry no diagram but go to the included site for a full yamaha user manual
Posted on Oct 28, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2017 | 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300
Feb 09, 2014 | 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300
Feb 05, 2014 | 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300
Jul 20, 2012 | 1999 Yamaha XJR 1300
Apr 14, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha XJR 1300
Jul 08, 2011 | 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300
Oct 14, 2010 | 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300 SP
Jun 02, 2010 | 2002 Yamaha XJR 1300
Apr 21, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha XJR 1300 SP
Apr 10, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha XJR 1300
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: