Question about 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300
No feed to headlight dipped beam fuse ok' unable to find relay for lights- fjr1300, 2004.
Hi, Dllhs if your headlight is not working, only one beam works, keeps burning out, blinking, or is dim the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, then check your head light bulb socket ground wire for a clean tight connection, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn down solder contacts or loose fit of the bulb base in the socket due to vibration.
3. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
4. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
5. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
8. Faulty headlight relay.
9. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
10. Weak charging alternator/generator.
11. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier ground or overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Headlights Not Working 2005 FJR
FJR grounding recall
Yamaha 2003 FJR1300 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha FJR1300 Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 12, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Initial checks would be:
Good luck and thank you for asking FixYa.
Posted on Nov 25, 2009
Testimonial: "very fast very helpful"
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2010 | 2005 Renault R5
Dec 28, 2009 | 2004 Audi A4
Oct 08, 2009 | 2006 Peugeot 604
Sep 12, 2009 | 1995 Toyota Corolla
Apr 13, 2009 | 1998 Ford Escort
Jan 11, 2009 | 2001 Renault Sportwagon
Oct 26, 2008 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
Jul 16, 2008 | 1991 Nissan Pickup
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: