Question about 2000 BMW R 1100 R
Hi, J and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.*
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.*
10. Enricher valve inoperative.*
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
* Carbureted models.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
2000 R1100R died while riding and wont start
1993 2000 BMW R1100GS R1100R Service Manual Moto Data Project
BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW
Posted on Jan 05, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check to see if the throttle bodies still have the little rubber nipple covers on the underside of the body also the LH TB has a controller on it could be that?
Ask on UKGSER site, the user called Steptoe is hot on and owns a GS shop in London.
Stick with the bike as they really are fantastic.
Posted on Mar 03, 2010
try recharging the batery first then check charging system i think its not charging the battery or the battery is a dud one
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
I have been told by my dealer that the 2005 GS fuel gauge reads full until it the tank becomes 1/2 full then it drops to 1/2. I have had a similar problem to yours but it cleared itself. I keep an eye on my miles riden per tank as BMW will not admit it has a sending unit that is not up to par.
Posted on Apr 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 06, 2017 | 1991 Mercury Colony Park
Feb 09, 2012 | 1996 Nissan Pickup
May 06, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 25, 2011 | 2000 Ford Focus
Jan 21, 2011 | Jeep Wrangler Cars & Trucks
Sep 15, 2010 | 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Aug 30, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Mar 19, 2009 | Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883...
Feb 06, 2009 | 1996 Nissan Quest
Nov 24, 2017 | Motorcycles
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: