Question about 2004 Harley Davidson FLSTC - FLSTCI Heritage Softail Classic
Cut out going down highway
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery.
2. Loose, corroded or broken battery cable.
3. Alternator not charging or below normal rates.
4. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
5. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
8. Fuel tank vent system plugged or gas cap not venting.
9. Fuel tank empty.
10. Fuel valve vacuum line broken or carburator vent line closed off.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
For a prime suspect please visit website below and good luck:
Harley Diagnostic Codes 04 to Present
Posted on Jun 09, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Have you checked the fuses that you just replaced? Something caused those fuses to burn, what? If you have a short in the ciruit, you may have already blown the fuses you just replaced. That's what I don't like about fuses. You blow so many of them while trouble shooting the circuit. Circuit breakers are much better in my opinion. You just listen for the "click" when it opens up meaning you still have a short somewhere. To find out about anymore fuses that may be in the bike, you'll need a wiring diagram. Might be time to purchase that service manual. If you use the book to repair just one problem on your bike, the book has paid for itself. Labor rates are very high these days.
Posted on Nov 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2015 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Sep 16, 2014 | 1998 Chevrolet Blazer
Sep 05, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 20, 2010 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
May 03, 2010 | 2002 Buick Regal
Feb 02, 2010 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Jul 17, 2009 | 1997 Geo Metro
Apr 29, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: