Question about Honda CRF 250 R Motorcycles
I was riding in about third gear on a super muddy forest trail and my bike just stopped. I couldnt kick the bike after it shut off, so i started walking with it for a bit, the kicked it and it started again but only for about 500 yards and then stopped again. What could be the problem? ive checked the air filter and that isnt clogged, havent checked oil yet though. any ideas?
Hi, Talan and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
11. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Fuel tank empty.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
18. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
19. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
08 CRF250R Backfiring and wont start
2014 Honda Crf 250 cutting out
Honda 2004 CRF250R Service Manual
HONDA CRF250R 2006 Owner Manual
Posted on Oct 09, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
SOURCE: kick start is jammed
Put the bike in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear, the higher the better. Sit on the bike, with your hand off the clutch lever, and rock the bike back and forth to rotate the clutch hub. This might free up the lever. You will need to drain the oil and remove the right side casing to see and service the kick starter. If I recall correctly, there is a spring clip that allows the kick gear to engage the clutch hub. The piece could be broken, weak or out of position.
Please rate this answer. Thanks Shay!
Posted on Apr 06, 2009
full engine rebuild the only solution metal has gotton into the bearing obvi and just messed everything
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
Testimonial: "thanx very helpful"
SOURCE: My 1984 xr250r needs help!
well you can do the idle and maybe fiddle with the mixture screw right on the carb will be a screw and idle screw you need to turn this in 1/4 of a turn at a time with the bike running until it idle ok and the mixture screw you simply just fiddle with this turn it all the way in and unscrew it 2 turn and try this get back to me if not ok
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | 1996 kawasaki ZX-9R Ninja
Apr 30, 2014 | Motorcycles
Sep 03, 2017 | Motorcycles
Mar 07, 2011 | 2003 Suzuki DR-Z 125 L
Sep 28, 2010 | 1993 Harley Davidson FXR Super Glide
Jan 06, 2010 | Yamaha YZ 250 Motorcycles
Oct 13, 2009 | 2009 Subaru Forester
Oct 07, 2009 | 2003 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
Nov 10, 2008 | 2006 Hero Honda CD Deluxe
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: