Question about 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
No spark but has power everywhere else
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose, check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil, pick up coil, trigger coil or CDI box testing needs to be checked with an ohmmeter at 70 degrees Fahrenheit
7. Faulty safety switches clutch, kickstand, neutral, off/on etc.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
YAMAHA R6 SPARK PLUG COIL TEST HOW TO
1999 2002 Yamaha YZF R6 Service Manual R6 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 19, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 26, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 29, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 02, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 24, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 20, 2013 | 2003 Suzuki RM 125
Oct 13, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 15, 2009 | 1986 Chevrolet Chevy
Feb 15, 2009 | 1995 Hyundai Elantra
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: