Question about 2008 Yamaha Vity 125
Pump doesn't prime sometimes I don't hear the sound
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous the following is a systematic procedure for diagnosing fuel pump issues designed to keep "DRACHMA" to a minimum. If you need parts check with Amazon and eBay first to keep costs down.
1. If your pump does not turn on check the pump fuse and relay and all wiring including connectors for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
1. Normal fuel pump pressure is 3-5 PSI.
2. Check any rubber or plastic tubing for age-related pinholes by removing and plugging the ends that connect to the fuel valve and then turn on the ignition switch and watch for fuel streams exiting the pinholes, if any exist, replace tubing as necessary.
3. Check for a clogged a primary fuel filter that comes off the bottom of the pump to screen out big rocks and clean as necessary.
4. Check for a clogged secondary fuel filter that's outside if applicable by removing it from the system and replace it with a short splicing tube turn on the ignition switch and recheck fuel pressure if pressure increases to normal pressure you need a new secondary filter.
5. If all the above check out OK and the pump is not functioning properly then you need a new fuel pump.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yamaha vity 125 starting problem
2009 Zuma 125 Fuel pump issues
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA VITY XC125E Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 27, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Electronic Fuel Pump
It turned out that the ignition key was faulty and it cut out my fuel pump and power to my spark plug but all other electrics worked. Tried my spare key and could hear fuel pump working pressed starter and it fired up how bizarre is that. so problem sorted.
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2016 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jun 28, 2014 | 2006 Yamaha Vino 125
Nov 01, 2013 | 2010 Yamaha Vity
Dec 17, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha Vity 125
Oct 17, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Sep 04, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Aug 11, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Oct 03, 2011 | 2011 Yamaha Vity
Jul 21, 2011 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Jun 26, 2011 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Dec 12, 2017 | Power Motorcycles
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: