Question about 2008 Suzuki GSXR1000
Battles to start, once it starts it's not drivable, struggles to get over 2500rpm, but if you stand still reving the bike and you get past 2500rpm, it rev's clean. when pressing the starter button without touching the accelerator a heavy fuel smell comes thru, almost like its over fueling, any idea what this could be? there is no fault codes, when I bridge the white plug out it gives me this code coo which means there is no problem, there is no mods done to the bike, I've got leo vince slipons on and the cat has been removed, I've done about 15000km with that conversion and now only I'm having problems. any ideas what could be the problem?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, fuel pump and/or filter.
10. Old dead or bad fuel.
11. Faulty fuel pressure regulator
12. Pinholes in the in tank plastic convoluted tubing from the pressure regulator to the quick disconnect check valve.
13. Fuel tank vent system plugged.
14. Throttle body controls misadjusted.
15. Damaged throttle body or intake seals.
16. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
17. Faulty TPS, MAP, CKP, O2, and/or CMP sensors.
18. Incorrect valve timing.
19. Weak or broken valve springs.
20. Damaged intake or exhaust valve'
21. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
22. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
01 GSXR 1000 TPS problem Stumped
k7 gsxr 1000 trouble shooting help
Suzuki GSX R1000 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Apr 04, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have seen this before a few things to do too make sure. First take the air filter out and shine a light use your fingers to move the slides up and down I suspect the springs that go on the slide is not seated in center you can tell from the slide going halfway and hanging up. Next, the boots on the slides only go on 1 way there is a notch on the carbs for them. I would guess this would fix you up if not we can get deeper into it with air-fuel mix screw settings.good luck
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
The display is really FI as in Fuel Injection. The fuel injection computer has sensed a fault in the Injection system. You will need to ride the bike to a dealer and have them read the fault codes. It is probably just something minor. Major faults will not allow the bike to run. You will not hurt the bike if you ride it.
Can I get a “very helpful” rating on this answer?
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2017 | 2008 Suzuki GSXR1000
Mar 03, 2017 | Suzuki GSX-R 1000 Motorcycles
Jun 12, 2016 | 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Jan 24, 2015 | 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Dec 06, 2013 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Nov 14, 2011 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
May 20, 2010 | 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Jul 14, 2009 | 1989 Suzuki Swift
Apr 24, 2009 | 2002 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: