Question about Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections.
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below: Good luck
Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley...
Posted on May 25, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 16, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 17, 2013 | 1989 Chevrolet Suburban
May 08, 2017 | 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe
Apr 22, 2012 | 1987 Honda Accord
Mar 04, 2011 | 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Aug 03, 2010 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sep 25, 2009 | 1994 GMC Sierra
54 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: