Question about 2010 Eton Sport 50

1 Answer

How to remove the governor - 2010 Eton Sport 50

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 8 Answers

There isn't one if there is a restriction it would prob be in the muffler or pipe and usuallu nothing more than a washer (no not kidding)

Posted on Nov 06, 2015

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Generator starts fine,runs high then low...high then lobing

check for a broken compensating spring on the governor to carby linkage

Mar 08, 2017 | Electrical Supplies

1 Answer

Governor settings for 18.5hp B&S single cylinder,31E777-2439-B1 Husqvarna

The governor shouldn't need to be adjusted unless it has been bumped or removed. But, if your sure the problem is the governor, you adjust by moving the governor arm in the direction that opens the throttle valve all the way open. Remove air cleaner and filter to inspect while doing this to make sure. Then note that direction, keep in this position, then loosen small nut on governor linkage at base of unit. With a needle nose pliers, turn small center shaft of governor linkage(the part that leads inside engine) in same direction you moved the linkage in earlier step. While holding in place tighten small jam nut. This is called a static set, which is a factory standard. Also, make sure throttle cable is in wide open position when doing this. Good luck.

Feb 16, 2014 | Garden

3 Answers

Engine speed surges up and down


First check for the obvious... fresh fuel? clean air filter? carburetor mounting bolts/nuts tight? cylinder head bolts tight? crank case bolts/nuts tight?

Now to adjust the governor:
Find where the governor shaft comes out of the engine... loosen the nut and bolt on the governor arm clamp (where the governor arm clamps to the governor shaft). Gently pull the governor arm back until it stops, Gently turn the governor shaft the same way (some have a slot for a screwdriver or a hex-head for a nut driver to hold the shaft at it's closed position) as you pull the governor arm. Both the arm and the shaft must be at their full stop of travel while you tighten the governor arm clamp. It may take another person to lend a hand to keep the governor arm at the closed position while you tighten the clamp.

Nov 30, 2013 | Tecumseh Snowblower Snow Blower Starter...

1 Answer

2004 jeep code 1763 what to do

P1763 - Governor Pressure Sensor Voltage Too High

This code is refer for the governor pressure sensor which is located in the valve body of the transmission. If getting power to the sensor and the wires are not open or shorted then the sensor will need to be replaced.


Hoist and support vehicle on safety stands.
Remove transmission fluid pan and filter.
Disengage wire connectors from pressure sensor and solenoid (see picture)
Remove screws holding pressure solenoid retainer to governor body.
Separate solenoid retainer from governor (see picture)
Pull solenoid from governor body
Pull pressure sensor from governor body.
Remove bolts holding governor body to valve body.
Separate governor body from valve body
Remove governor body gasket.

Before installing the pressure sensor and solenoid in the governor body, replace O-ring seals, clean the gasket surfaces and replace gasket.

Place gasket in position on back of governor body
Place governor body in position on valve body.
Install bolts to hold governor body to valve body.
Lubricate O-ring on pressure sensor with transmission fluid.
Align pressure sensor to bore in governor body.
Push pressure sensor into governor body.
Lubricate O-ring, on pressure solenoid, with transmission fluid.
Align pressure solenoid to bore in governor body
Push solenoid into governor body.
Place solenoid retainer in position on governor
Install screws to hold pressure solenoid retainer to governor body.
Engage wire connectors into pressure sensor and solenoid Install transmission fluid pan and (new) filter.
Lower vehicle and road test to verify repair.





Hope helps.

Sep 29, 2011 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

The govenor rod cannot be adjusted. The springs are intact. Motor revs up but will not idle down. It is 23 HP.

Just guessing here, but if there is no control of the throttle and the engine over revs, then more than likely the governor control is broke. Briggs if famous for that problem. Governor is around 25 dollars and a lower crankcase gasket. Requires the engine to be pulled, lower crankcase removed, remove all pieces of old governor and then re assemble with new governor and gasket.////Before doing all this check that both springs are on the governor on the exterior of motor. If you manually hold the governor arm back, counterclockwise, and it still revs, then you need to replace governor. Don't let it rev for long or it with throw a pushrod or worse. good luck

Sep 22, 2010 | Briggs & Stratton Briggs Stratton Intek V...

1 Answer

I have a 1979 350 tran that sliped out of drive at 110 kph and only have low now can you give me a hint on wich way to start with it

The cause for that could be a low transmission fluid level, a faulty vacuum modulator or no vacuum to the vacuum modulator, A faulty front pump assembly or torque converter, a loose valve body or a blown out valve body gasket, the forward or direct clutch pack has lost line pressure to the clutch pack (could be a plugged up transmission filter) or the frictions are burned up in that clutch pack, or the governor has malfunctioned, usually due to missing or stuck governor weights, or a stuck valve inside of the governor, a small plugged up line filter inside the governor fluid channel under the valve body, and most commonly because of a plastic drive gear at the end of the governor that can crack apart or will have sheared off teeth on the drive gear.

Check the transmission fluid level and inspect the vacuum line to the vacuum modulator for any damage and there should be full intake manifold vacuum to the vacuum modulator. Remove the vacuum line at the vacuum modulator and if transmission fluid drips from out of the vacuum line then the vacuum modulator is faulty and should be replaced to eliminate it as the problem, however there might still be a problem with the governor, the valve body, the forward clutch pack, or the torque converter and front pump assembly.

The valve body can be tightened down and the transmission fluid filter can be replaced, and the valve body and the spacer plate gaskets can be carefully replaced, and also inspect for a small inline screen filter inside of the governor fluid feed chanel if the valve body is removed. (there will be check-balls only experienced mechanics should attempt it).

The torque converter, the front pump assembly, and the forward clutch pack can only be repaired by removing the transmission and except for the torque converter dis-assembling the transmission.

The governor can be removed without too much difficulty and the plastic drive gear should be inspected for any damage to the teeth on the governor drive gear and also the worm gear on the output shaft inside of the governor housing that drives the governor gear. Also check the governor or for any missing or stuck weights on the governor or for a stuck valve inside of the governor.

To remove the governor from the transmission remove the clip over the governor cover and then pry the governor cover off, then the governor will pull straight out of the governor housing. (The transmission cross-member might have to be removed on some vehicles to lower the transmission enough to remove the governor)

Here are some images to help assist you inspect the governor, and let me know if you require any further assistance.




Aug 04, 2010 | Chevrolet Cargo Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

I have a 1998 murcery villager. there is an assessory box attached to the covering of the driver side axel ampl assy-ws/w f4xa17a431aa 28510 ob710 et20 123 12 v jideco i believe this has something to do...

go to our villager site for help. The wiper motor has a governor assy, that is what you are referring to. What is the problem?
Windshield Wiper Governor Removal
The windshield wiper governor (17C476) is located on the LH side of the engine compartment behind the battery (10655) .
  1. Remove the two windshield wiper governor screws and the windshield wiper governor .
  2. Disconnect the two windshield wiper governor electrical connectors.


Apr 05, 2010 | 1998 Mercury Villager

1 Answer

Husqvarna 130 governor

The governor is there for a reason, to keep the engine from over-reving and self destructing. Sure, you can get more speed by removing/raising the rpm's, if you want your rod to end up sticking out through the back of the engine case.

May 21, 2009 | Husqvarna Garden

Not finding what you are looking for?
2010 Eton Sport 50 Logo

Related Topics:

36 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Eton Experts

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15557 Answers

Bill Boyd

Level 3 Expert

42120 Answers

Gregg Mahin
Gregg Mahin

Level 3 Expert

40748 Answers

Are you an Eton Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides