Question about Motorcycles
My wife was riding our 2006 kymco mongoose 250 for a couple of hours, we pulled over to rest, she turned the ignition off. After that it would not start, no power on ignition, no lights no nothing, battery is fully charged, I have no idea what could make it die just by turning it off.
Remove battery terminals and clean both posts and terminals
with sandpaper until you see shiny metal. The black coating is lead sulphate which has a high resistance to current flow both into and out of the battery. Have a load test done on the battery also as a cell may have dies while you were riding and the bike was running on the alternator.
Posted on Jul 21, 2013
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Daytona 675 won't start
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
I had this exact same problem on a hipster 125, it was a faulty regulator module ( mounted under the seat) I also found a short circuit (somewhere) in the wiring loom between the regulator output and the chassis (probably what killed the regulator in the first place!) I cut and replaced the entire wire to save removing most of the loom and after testing reg to ensure it was dead i fitted a new one (about £60) bike charges and runs like a dream now even with fully lights approx 80% of the time. good luck
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
That clicking sound you are hearing may be a circuit breaker tripping indicating a short circuit somewhere. I think the starter circuit is powered by the ignition circuit. If you have a short circuit in your ignition system the breaker will trip killing power to your ignition, thus the engine dying, and preventing power for the starter circuit preventing the bike from being restarted.
On your bike, I believe there is a chrome coil cover over the coil on the left side of the bike. Check and see if this cover has come loose. I've seen them come loose and fall down on the coil connector on top of the coil shorting it out. If that ain't it, just keep looking, there's a short somewhere. Good Luck
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
Take your spark plug out of the cylinder, reconnect it to the ht lead and place it on to your frame if you see a spark then your coil is fine, try a new spark plug, if there is no spark get a new coil and plug.
Remember there is a 2t and a 4t version of the kymco vitality and the spark plugs are different.
Posted on Jun 12, 2011
Check with a multi tester for voltage coming through the ignition switch lead wires + to switch wire - to ground you shoul get 12volt or higher, with the switch off you should have one live (feed from battery ), on you should have 2 or 3 in and out feed (possibly 2 out one for ignition one for light curuit), or disconnect the switch and check for continuity (12v battery wire and a bulb if you dont have a multi tester between each pin on the switch plug when turned on you should get a curcuit when on.
Posted on Jan 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2017 | Kymco Motorcycles
May 25, 2015 | Kymco 2005 Mongoose 250
Aug 28, 2014 | Motorcycles
Aug 28, 2014 | Kymco 2005 Mongoose 250
Apr 09, 2013 | Kymco 2008 Mongoose 250
Mar 24, 2013 | 2006 Kymco Xciting 250
Jan 27, 2012 | 2006 Kymco Agility 50
Jan 08, 2009 | 2005 Kymco Grand Dink 250
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!