Question about 1993 Yamaha FZR 600
My bike sounds like it is going to start but dont crank over. there is a fuse box thing behind the seat but its not plugged into anything. could that be part of the problem? also the crank shaft is kinda loose....idk what to do. there is fuel in a clear tube that looks good. filled up with a small bubble in it.
Hi, Casper and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
8. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2 and/or BAS).
11. Faulty fuel pump fuse or relay.
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
FZR Won Start The FZR Forum
96 fzr 600 wont start pleeeze help me
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Mar 24, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi 81 yamaha i am concerned about the fuel smell coming out with the oil. could be the carbs flooding filling your crankcase with fuel? if not it sounds like you have blow by which would cause your crank case to be slightly pressured. this is caused by worn piston rings. do not plug your crank vent. if you leave your vent open install small filter to stop dirt from entering jim
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
SOURCE: bike wont start
You have to check the starter motor,prolly the brushes are gone . Also check the connections from battery to the solenoid and from the solenoid to the starter.
Knight (Yamaha seca XJ750A 1981)
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Testimonial: "you were dead on, been awile since i've been on here, but i replaced that starter and now she cranks over, but still takes forever to fire up"
check your float in the carb it could be off causing the bike to flood itself before you even get a chance to kick er over
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
SOURCE: 79 yamaha XS 750 crank no start
well here goes your problem probably in the float bowl area water sediment blocked low speed jets if you do not want to do a complete tearmore down just clean the jets and float bowl.
Use a carb cleaner soak the jets make sure you can see through them the small low speed jets specially.
if you have access to air blow the jets clean.
spray any passage ways with carb cleaner reassemble good luck.
Posted on May 07, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 12, 2014 | 1990 kawasaki VN 750 Vulcan
Sep 03, 2012 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille
Apr 24, 2011 | Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster Custom...
May 31, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...
May 08, 2010 | 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Sep 15, 2009 | 1997 kawasaki VN 800 Vulcan Classic
Jun 24, 2009 | 1994 Yamaha XJ 600 Diversion S
Apr 10, 2009 | 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50
Jan 04, 2009 | 1996 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Oct 31, 2017 | Motorcycles
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: