Question about 2011 Honda Shadow Phantom
I have a 2011 Honda Shadow Phantom. I have Cobra's pipes, & a FI2000R tuner installed, as well as a K&N air filter to replace the stock air filter. Here lately when the bike is ridden for about 20-30 minutes, when I come to a stop the bike cuts off, & the check engine light flashes at least 3-4 times. I put fuel mixer solution in the tank thinking that I might have gotten water in the tank @ the gas station, It would run fine then cut off again. Also, I notice just behind the air filter there is a clear plastic tube that collects what looks like oil, I noticed the oily substance is leaking. If you have any ideas as to whats going on please let know. Thanks DC 7/8/13 @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
11. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Fuel tank empty.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
18. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
19. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
VT750DC Suddenly Cutting Out Running Badly Bike shut off while riding
Honda VT750C2B Owner Manual
Posted on Oct 16, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
when you put on a new air filter you have to rejet the carb in order for the air/fuel mixture to be correct,because with a aftermarket air filter it is allowing more air in than before and not enough fuel. as the piston speeds up upon exceleration the air is not getting burnt off into exhaust because you do not have enough fuel in the mix
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
you have one of three problems yes ethonal suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks buy some stabil ethonal treatment and run it every tank full. REPLACE THE PLUGS FIRST ALWAYS.if that doesnt work drain your carbs with drain srew take your tank off and make sure there is no water in it bet ya $20 its your plugs
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 04, 2017 | 2013 Honda Shadow Aero
Apr 13, 2016 | 1984 Honda VT 500 C Shadow
Jul 25, 2015 | Honda Motorcycles
Jul 28, 2012 | 2005 Honda VT 750 Shadow Aero
Jun 03, 2012 | Honda VT 750 Shadow Aero Motorcycles
Mar 09, 2012 | 2001 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Apr 21, 2010 | 2002 Honda VT 750 CD Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe
Jan 03, 2010 | 2000 Honda VT 1100 C Shadow Spirit
Apr 05, 2009 | 2003 Honda VT 750 CD Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: