Question about 2007 Yamaha WR 450 F
My 450 wr starts sputtering as I hit 3rd speed and start to accelerate, went thru carb and bigger jet helped but didn't eliminate, there are 3 types of test on the t.p.s. 2 of them passed the 3rd didn't tell me how to do the third test, if im doing it right
Hi, Gerard and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
12. Old dead or bad fuel.
13. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
14. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
15. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
16. Damaged carburetor.
17. Incorrect valve timing.
18. Weak or broken valve springs.
19. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
20. Check for engine trouble codes
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Diconnected TPS good results WR450 WR 400 426 450
YAMAHA WR450F Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA WR450F Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 27, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi there matey,, if she starts perfect wen shez cold ,,and u ride her up the road till shez hot,, does it start misfiring while u are riding it,then a quick check will be needed, if it does misfire then soon as she misfires while riding,,kill the engine and wip out the spark plugs and check wot the colour of the plugs are,, they should be a biscuit brown colour ,,either 1 and 4 plugs or 2 and 3 plugs will be the same ,, if say 1 and 4 are not a brown colour then u need to change that coil to 1 and 4,, at the end of the day mate ,, if she doesnt start wen hot ,,its usually a coil that is the prob,, any more help u need come back,, cheers
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
if it has been sitting for awhile you might need to clean the carbs -clean the stock carbs and get it running before making changes -check comp. as well-bike bandit seems to have a good selection of older bike parts
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2012 | Yamaha TW 125 Motorcycles
Aug 13, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha V Star Custom
Jun 11, 2012 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Sep 25, 2011 | Honda VT 1100 C Motorcycles
Aug 28, 2011 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLSTN- FLSTNI Softail...
May 05, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 883
Jan 02, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha WR 250 F
Jul 29, 2010 | Victory V 92 C Motorcycles
Aug 04, 2009 | 2000 Husqvarna WR 125
Jul 17, 2009 | 1993 Chevrolet Beretta
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: