Question about 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C
Even when the engine is warm, it throws smoke out. when riding it smells like oil burning. within about 1k miles, after an oil change, the motor oil is black. I've taken it to a honda dealer and they didn't know the cause and have any answers. I bought this new, followed all the maintenance. this problem just started this spring. @
Hi, Jesse your instrument gauges and lights can alert you to most electrical and engine issues they can not warn you about failed engine gaskets or seals so your engine has to resort to old fashion alert methods of colored "SMOKE SIGNALS" here is a breakdown of their meaning:
1. COLORLESS OR SLIGHTLY BLUE SMOKE on start-up means your air/fuel mixture is at the right composition and everything is well burnt in your combustion chamber.
2. BLUE SMOKE on startup is usually caused by failed valve seals dripping oil into the combustion chamber when the engine is not running.
3. YELLOW OR BROWNISH SMOKE at start-up means your air/fuel mixture is too lean. Too lean means that there is low fuel but high air mixture in your combustion chamber.
4. WHITE SMOKE on startup may be caused by a blown head gasket allowing coolant to enter the combustion chamber and may start dripping out of the exhaust pipes or mufflers. Smoke while riding is usually caused by worn out or damaged valves, seals, guides, pistons, rings, or cylinder walls.
5. BLACK SMOKE on startup is usually caused by too much fuel in the combustion chamber this can be due to air/fuel mixture adjustment too rich, accelerator pump improperly adjusted, faulty choke/enrichner or not in the off position, air filter dirty and clogged, faulty carburetor float needle and seat, pilot jet too large, fuel injectors leaking, smoke while riding is usually caused by the main jet being too large or a damaged carburetor.
It should be noted that aggressive or abnormal throttle operation will cause these conditions to manifest themselves exponentially.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Posted on Oct 19, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
White smoke indicates water in the combustion chamber. If the bike is still running okay I would keep an eye on the coolant level, make sure you're not losing any. Best guess is a blown headgasket. You can do a leakdown test or a compression test to check. If your headgasket is blown, two adjacent cylinders should show lower compression since pressure will be leaking from one to the other.
That's the kind of thing that probably won't run for long. Be sure and keep an eye on your oil level too, if you happen to be leaking coolant into the oil you can dilute the oil to the point it no longer lubricates very well.
Posted on Jan 05, 2009
new engines burn oil until the rings wear in, if you were riding it hard and never noticed oil gone , possible damage. i would top up oil and keep and eye. if its still under warranty i would suggest dealer look at it
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
SOURCE: My 1984 xr250r needs help!
well you can do the idle and maybe fiddle with the mixture screw right on the carb will be a screw and idle screw you need to turn this in 1/4 of a turn at a time with the bike running until it idle ok and the mixture screw you simply just fiddle with this turn it all the way in and unscrew it 2 turn and try this get back to me if not ok
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2017 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jan 05, 2017 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C
May 06, 2014 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Feb 20, 2013 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
Jun 27, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
Oct 15, 2010 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Sep 02, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jun 06, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 S
May 21, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: