Question about 2006 Yamaha DT 50 R
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous it should be noted that the reasons your check engine light constant or flashing, will or will not start, turns over or not conditions varies from the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work or event IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying bike down/crashes, rainstorms/bike washings just before EFI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
6. Check for generated fault codes.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your issue please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Thread 2002 fx 140 check engine light
Yamaha Fault Codes
DOWNLOAD Yamaha DT50 Enduro 50 DT 50 88 90 Service Repair Workshop Manual...
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jan 01, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2014 | 2008 Yamaha DT50R
Jul 03, 2013 | 2006 Yamaha DT 50 R
Aug 13, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha DT 175
Jun 26, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha DT 50 X
May 22, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha DT 50 R
Apr 12, 2012 | 2007 Yamaha DT50X
Jan 02, 2012 | Yamaha DT 125 R Motorcycles
Aug 08, 2011 | 2006 Yamaha DT 125 RE
Aug 07, 2010 | 2006 Yamaha DT 125 X
Mar 04, 2009 | 2006 Yamaha DT 125 X
118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: