Question about BMW R 1150 GS Adventure Motorcycles
Bike will not run faster than 140kh surges badly from 3500rpm
Hi, Doug and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor or intake seals.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, O2, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW
Posted on Dec 30, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 30, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 10, 2015 | Motorcycles
Jan 14, 2014 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Aug 13, 2013 | 2002 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRCI Road...
Apr 10, 2013 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Dec 30, 2011 | BMW Motorcycles
May 11, 2010 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Dec 23, 2009 | 1996 Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder
Feb 15, 2009 | 2004 BMW R 1150 RT (ABS)
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: