Question about 2001 Harley Davidson XL Sportster 883 Hugger
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections.
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below: Good luck
Harley Davidson Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
Harley Davidson Sportster error codes and how to access them Set Change Override Transport Harley Security Alarm PIN Code No Key Fob...
Posted on Jun 14, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: need wiring diagram
basic diagram, from ign switch through the run/stop switch to the bottom term of the ign coil. Terminal on top of ign coil goes to ignition circuit breaker (used to be points and condensor, you would have solid state magnetic pickup) in nose cone, right side of engine below push rod tubes.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
when it shuts off i would check to see if your on/of switch has continuity in the on position, if yes is your answer check the r/r = regulator rectifier it will give you stator symptoms when the stator may be functioning properly also just for giggles check your stator the procedures for checking also check the starter to make sure it is not sticking if it is sticking it will cause run ability problems
Posted on Oct 16, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2015 | Motorcycles
Nov 21, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 30, 2013 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Mar 05, 2012 | 2005 BMW R 1200 GS
Jul 21, 2011 | Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide...
Jul 18, 2011 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
Jul 25, 2010 | 1979 Yamaha XS 650 SF
Apr 08, 2009 | 1991 Yamaha FZR 600
Apr 03, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Jan 20, 2009 | 2008 kawasaki Ninja 250R
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: