Question about 1985 Honda XL 125 R
There was alot of excess wiring balled up and pushed up behind an after market filter housing..there are no lights, no battery, and no switches at all. i parked it down at my barn one night and some kids vandalized our barn and it looked like they reached up and grabbed the whole wiring set right under the seat on the left side and yanked them all down.. most o them were on the ground i guess, but all the wires going into the motor and suck are fine and intact.. I have all kinds of diagrams for battery and non xl's. but the ones that say their for the 82 xl 125s just look wrong to me. even with all the extra wires the spark plug is on the right side and nothing traces back the right way.. can anyone point me in the right direction since i'm sure this bike wasnt set up like OEM.. i know for a fact it had spark after they pulled the wires but a so called mechanic tried fixing it and now i have no spark.. any ideas?
Hi, Jeff nice novella and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Honda XL Troubleshooting Spark Issues
What to Do Check When Dirt Bike Won Start
Honda XL 125 V1 Shop Manual
Posted on Mar 10, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1974 honda cb550 will not run?
• The first thing to do with ANY engine that has sat for any longer
than a couple of months is to dump ALL the fuel in the tank and
carb(s). ALL OF IT !! You'll want to refill with some high priced fuel
that has fuel system cleaners (Like Chevron with Techron) not becasue
you need high-test fuel, but because you need the cleaners. It's ether
that or disassemble the carbs and clean out jets you can't find much
less see. Your choice. The carb kits alone will cost you about $50 so a
tank of high-test is looking pretty good, huh?
• Now the fact that you tried to crank the engine with old fuel has fouled the sparkplugs. All of them. Go buy all new sparkplugs.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2016 | Motorcycles
Apr 14, 2014 | 1983 Honda Civic
Apr 21, 2017 | 1982 Honda VF 750 S
May 05, 2012 | 1972 Honda CB 250
Sep 14, 2010 | 1975 Honda GL 1000 (K1)
Sep 24, 2009 | 1983 Honda XL 125 R
Mar 15, 2009 | 1982 Ford Mustang
Jan 04, 2009 | 1983 Honda XL 125 R
Nov 20, 2008 | 1983 Honda XL 125 R
Nov 10, 2008 | 2006 Gas Gas EC 250
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: