Question about 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Hey there.. i have a problem with my 93CBR.. this happens totally at random.. i can ride for days where everything is perfect but then all of a sudden it seems like the bike loses one of its sparks.. if i then pull the clutch it dies.. after 30 sec. I can start it again and drive on.. then it sometimes happens shortly after.. and same thing.. 30 sec and i'm of again.. i have driven 3000km on it and the problem has accured 6 times on 3 totally random days.. i don't know why but its kinda annoying.. :) hobe someone has a solution :)
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test if necessary, your battery may show 12.5 volts but have little or zero amps and needs to be replaced.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, points/condenser ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Engine stalls while riding random
2004 CBR600RR CUTS OUT WHILE RIDING
Honda cbr600 1991 1994 service manual
Honda CBR600RR Ower Manual
Posted on May 05, 2017
Does the clutch need to pulled to start the bike
if so check for a problem clutch start switch --loose broken wires
Posted on May 05, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: honda cbr 900 94 wont start
hi m8,, having a head ache i see,, my m8 had one of these,, still has,, and had the same problem, i see u have checked a few things there ,,and convinced they are ok,, then ,check u dont have an air leak in the air box,, and all clips are secure, and that u havent creased the fuel or vacume pipes under the tank,,if all is ok, behind the rear side panel is the aluminium lookin cdi box ,or ignitor, with about 5 or 6 wires connected to it,, u need to get this tested ,, or borrow 1 and try it,, there about 130 quid new, so test it 1st,, this does play up,, and 1 min it runs great,, next day 2 miles up the road itl stutter ,,or stop,, any probs m8,, shout and i will anserw,,cheers
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
SOURCE: cbr 125 choke problem
It sounds like the choke line may not have been routed correctly when the new one was installed. Remove the gas tank and check to see that the line is not being stretched anywhere along the way AND that the gas tank when re-installed is not stretching the line. The line may have been kinked when installed. Look at the mechanical movement of the choke at the carb. Does it operate freely? Remove the air filter and look inside the center of the carb, (you may need to use a small mirror for this), does it look like the choke is opening and closing properly when the choke is moved on and off?
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
It all seems to be leading to fuel starvation. Have you checked the tank breather is not blocked which can be a small hole in the petrol cap or a tube from under the tank. It could also be a blocked fuel filter. There should be two. One inside the fuel tank under the petcock, another before the fuel pump. Here is the workshop manual where you can find all info you will ever need for this bike.
Hop this has been useful, rate me if it has...?
Thanks and good luck.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
I just came across this you probably have it fixed now but I know what the problem is . it's the exup motor in the exhaust, the gears strip and it blocks the exhaust .Adrian
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2013 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Jul 03, 2012 | 2001 Honda CBR 600 F(4)i
Jun 30, 2012 | 1995 Honda CBR 600 F(3)S
Aug 08, 2011 | 1996 Honda CBR 600 F(3)T
May 03, 2011 | 2006 Honda CBR 125 R
Aug 23, 2010 | 2008 Harley Davidson VRSCDX Night Rod...
Nov 17, 2009 | 1998 Honda CBR 600 F(3)W
Nov 04, 2009 | 1990 Honda CBR 600 F(1)L
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: