Question about 2007 Aprilia SR 50 R Factory
My sr 50 starts but after about a minute it cuts out and smoke came out the side casein next to the kirk start and it doesn\'t have full power now. Can u pls help.
Hi, Deane you may have squeaked your top end this is commonly known as "HEAT SEIZE" the piston heats up expands and becomes extremely tight in the cylinder bore and usually occurs mainly on 2 cycle engines right after a fresh top end rebuild, but it can also happen to brand new motorcycles, these are rare instances due to better quality control and education. Overheating failures that cause pistons to seize are many and each one should be carefully diagnosed to prevent future repeat offenders and the usual suspects are:
1. Loose fasteners causing intake or base gaskets to leak or crankshaft seal failure caused by age, overheating, or walking.
2. Improper assembly of reed valve gaskets.
3. Improper oil/fuel premix ratio.
4. Broken, pinched, or cracked fuel line.
5. Carburetor fuel passages clogged or restricted from stale fuel varnish, ethanol sludge, dirt, rust, or fuel level in float bowl too low.
6. Main jet size too small.
7. Air filter improperly installed, missing or not sealing.
8. Faulty or improperly adjusted oil pump and or cable.
9. Failure to bleed oil pump after running oil tank dry, rebuild of pump or replacement
10. Among the causes of lack of cylinder, lubrication is clogging of lubricator by dirt or waste, obstruction in oil pipes/lines, leaky check valves, leaky pump packing, broken oil pipe/line, oil too cold to feed.
11. Wrong type of oil used in premix or oil tank
12. Improper spark plug heat range (too hot) and or gap.
13. Ignition timing retarded, faulty CDI.
14. Excessive engine load, brakes dragging, clutch slipping, transmission lubricant level too low or viscosity to high.
15. Engine coolant level too low, too old, or improper mixture ratio.
16. Engine coolant pump failure, damage, or passages restricted.
17. Radiator clogged, fins damaged, or faulty cap.
18. Failure to follow proper break in procedures.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Posted on Oct 25, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
front fork capacity is 285 cc per leg, but you need to take the spring out and fully extend the forks and measure 140mm from the top and thats where your oil needs to sit.
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2017 | Aprilia Motorcycles
Nov 29, 2016 | 2007 Aprilia SR 50 R
Sep 20, 2016 | Aprilia Motorcycles
Jul 27, 2016 | 2014 Aprilia SR 50 Motard
May 20, 2014 | 2004 Aprilia SR Ditech 50 Base
Apr 03, 2013 | Aprilia Motorcycles
Jan 18, 2013 | 2009 Aprilia SR 50 R
Dec 10, 2012 | 2011 Aprilia SR 50 R Factory
Sep 01, 2011 | 2007 Aprilia SR 50 R Factory
May 12, 2011 | 2011 Aprilia SR 50 R Factory
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: