Question about 2007 Honda Elite 80
I replaced intake manifold, carb & spark plug. Starter cranks but will not fire when 40 degrees.@
Hi, Stephen and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Honda Elite starting problem
Honda CH80 Service Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Oct 20, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Carbs gummed up. Need a serious cleaning or a full ruubers replacement/rebuild kit. Gas turns to gummy when left stting in the fuel bowls.
Use a couple of cans of Sea Foam.. best stuff in the world.
Posted on Mar 20, 2009
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
SOURCE: 2002 Honda Elite 80
if your getting no fuel at all to the carb then its the petcock valve it works off of vacume so take fuel line off and spin it over if fuel runs out then its fine that means your needle valve in carb maybe stuck. and in my case a stick pulled the vacume line off the intake that controls the petcock valve.
Posted on Jan 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2015 | 2007 Sym Jet Euro X 50
May 04, 2015 | 1996 Honda Civic
Yes = getting fuel (Go to 2)2 - Does the plug have spark? It should be a BRIGHT blue spark.
No = Not getting fuelCarb is probably blocked/dirty
vacuum fuel valve faultyCheck carb has fuel in it. Open the drain screw on the bowl of the carb and see if any fuel is released.
If so, the vacuum valve is fine.
Oct 02, 2013 | 2010 Piaggio Fly 50
Apr 14, 2013 | 2004 Honda Elite 80 Base
Jul 28, 2012 | 2005 Benelli Velvet 125
May 20, 2012 | 2006 Honda Elite 80
Aug 02, 2010 | Honda CB 100 Motorcycles
Apr 13, 2010 | 2007 Honda XL 125 V Varadero
Apr 10, 2010 | Peg Perego Vespa Scooter
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: