Question about 2001 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Carburetor vacuum diaphragm torn, cracked, not seated or installed improperly.
14. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
15. Fuel filter clogged.
16. Old or contaminated fuel.
17. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
18. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
19. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
20. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
21. Incorrect valve timing.
22. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
23. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
24. Incompatible performance parts.
25. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
found this helpful answer from motorcycle mechanic on JustAnswer com
Stutter under 3000rpm HELP CBR Forum Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners
2000 2001 Honda CBR929RR Fireblade Service Manual Moto Data Project
Honda CB Owners Manuals
Posted on Oct 01, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: idels fine
If you don't have a check engine light, Start with the air and fuel filter, work your way up to a tune up. Clean the throttle body as best you can on the inside, behind the throttle plate/s
Posted on Feb 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2017 | 2001 Honda CBR 929 RR Fireblade
Sep 12, 2016 | 2008 Hyundai Tucson
Feb 09, 2016 | 2001 BMW 325i
Aug 10, 2014 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
May 04, 2013 | 2001 Ford Escape
Nov 18, 2012 | 2003 Harley Davidson FXSTDI Softail Deuce
Nov 26, 2011 | 2001 Ford Windstar
Mar 15, 2010 | 1997 Mitsubishi Galant
Sep 30, 2009 | 1994 Volkswagen Jetta
May 18, 2009 | 1997 Honda Accord
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: