Question about Honda Motorcycles
I was cruising and all of a sudden the ignition cut off like there is no fuel. I have confirmed a free flow of fuel but it still refused to start.@
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
11. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Fuel tank empty.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
18. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
19. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What to do when your motorcycle stops running
Honda 86 87 TA200 FATCAT Service Manual
Posted on Oct 21, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check for a big bluish spark...redish purple is no good, and also just see if the bike will push start if it does, but doesnt quite run right, then go to Auotzone and buy some Sea Foam pour 1/3 can into 2 gallons fuel and drive it around for 10 to 15 miles and let the stuff clean up the injectors.
Posted on May 06, 2010
the carb has sucked in all the muck and garbage from the bottom of your tank take the carb apart and blow out the jets
hope this helps
Posted on Jun 15, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2014 | Ignition System for Honda Accord Sedan
Oct 10, 2013 | Honda Motorcycles
Jul 09, 2013 | 2011 Honda Shadow Phantom
Jan 18, 2013 | 2006 Honda CRF 150 F
Oct 03, 2012 | Honda Motorcycles
Aug 30, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
Jan 27, 2011 | Honda CG 150 Titan KS Motorcycles
Jun 03, 2010 | 1996 Honda Accord
Jun 20, 2009 | Poulan Pro 42CC 2 Cycle Chainsaw, 18"
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!