Hi, Kurt and Tammy some of the following may not apply as this directed mainly towards Harleys what you need is a wiring diagram for your bike which is in the free service manual listed below it sounds like you may have a pinched wire or faulty wire connector or not wired correctly in the ignition circuit, if you have a CKP sensor it needs compression to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM, make sure both spark plugs are in heads and use a grounded third plug to check for spark or hold spark plug cable close to spark plug in the head. If still not getting spark the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
5. Faulty ignition coil or ignition / electronic module
6. Failed CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below, and for specific information or questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a nice day.
Kawasaki 1986 Kx125 e1 Kx125 parts lists