Question about 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Just humming from under the seat i have a yamaha r1 engine on a quad frame. its a 2000 model engine. cranked it on a thursday night, took it to races on friday and battery was low. tried to jump it of a pickup, positive cable was loose, it lost power for a sec. got power back, now it just spins over good but plugs wont fire. checked all i know to check. any suggestions on what i may have burned up by loosing power?
Hi, Tom and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Good luck and have a nice day.
2000 2001 Yamaha YZF R1 Service Manual R1 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 05, 2016
SOURCE: changing yzf r1 frame
you wont get one, you just have to figure it out as you go. start by stripping all your bodywork off and removing the engine, then the front forks rear wheel and wiring harness. then replace it all on your new frame. keep your work area clean and tidy, mark all electrical connections you have to undo with tape and write on it where they re-connect to.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2013 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Mar 30, 2013 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1
Sep 01, 2012 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Aug 05, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 04, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
May 20, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 21, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Mar 04, 2011 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Nov 02, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: