Unraqr the c90.rar file and copy the extraction to any folder on your hard disk (for future frequent use).
The following only works after refilling the cartridges or using a continuous ink system.
Note: This is for the Epson C90; there are a lot more printer specific resetters. Mine is Indonesian.
Note: This does NOT work if the system date is NOT set at July 15, 2007 !!
1. Set the system date to July 15, 2007.
2. Go to MY COMPUTER, open local disk C: then delete the ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM FOLDER (if present)
3. Close local disk
4. Click START, RUN, type REGEDIT
4. Open HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
5. Open Software folder
6. Open Epson folder
7. Delete PTSG folder (right click, remove=yes)
8. Open Epson C90 Resetter folder and start adjprog
9. Click ACCEPT button
10. Click SELECT button to go to port menu. Selected designated port number (USB ...)
11. Click the "Particular Adjustment Mode" button
12. Double click the "Waste Ink pad Counter"
13. Click the "Check" button
14. Click the "Initialization" button.
15. Turn of the printer and press "OK"
16. Turn on the printer and wait until the maintenance procedure has finished
17. Close the panels of the Adjustment program
18. Reset the date to the current date.
Note: Print these steps for future use.
Note: With a continuous ink system, make sure that the ink filling cable is not to tight; the print head with the attached ink
cabling must be able to freely move all the way to the left inside the printer. Also make sure that none of the ink tubes is squeezed tight by the black plastic clamps that are used to attach the system to the outside (front) of your C90. Place them so that the transparent cover stays slightly open.
Note: With a continuous ink system, be sure to use the "lock roller" on the ink system to close the ink supply when the printer is not in use; otherwise your ink evaporates.
Note: The continuous ink system is quite erratic in its signalling: when one of the colors is about 1/3 full on the Epson monitor, the printer might stop suddenly and display the cartridge X signal. Sometimes, with 2 colors X-ed, you have to do the procedure twice!
I don't know where you got the C90.rar download. You must have the following files:
If you don't have them all or miss some, pls e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and I'll sent them to you (attachment is about 2 MB)
Last: The C90 is a **** printer. After 4 months of use the paper adjustment goes to hell, so with printing you never know if printing will start before the paper is properly loaded. Might as well buy a new printer (NOT Epson!).