Hi, The speedo on my 2002 VFR800 vtech is not reading correctly. The milage reading is correct but I cannot change it from MPH to KM. Currently the reading is in MPH but it says KM on the clock. I've tried using the Select button to change it but it won't. Any ideas ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
its usually done via the small buttons on the speedo assembly.some models like the gilera's need to be set form kmh to mph within a certain mileage or it cannot be changed the clock should be adjustable at any time.
Hi Nunya, take a ride or trailer your bike over to your local dealers service/parts department, I'm sure they will be happy to take your Harley Davidson for a test ride if necessary/possible and offer professional advice and assistance concerning your issue. Good luck have a nice day.
Copied from the manual.
You can download it here:
To change to kilometers per hour or miles per hour:
- Disconnect the battery. (the total distance will be saved).
- Re-connect the battery whilst holding down either button and it will
met -- for km/h
mil --- for mp/h
- The white plastic block connector on the speedo is for the display
- The red wire is positve.
- The black wire is negative.
- Warning; your speedo is set for the diameter of your front wheel
If you get the display to read a 00 then you are in the rolling radius
changing mode. you can trim the speed to run fast or slow.
It ranges from a-25 to a 25.
Standard setting is a 00 we recommend you keep it at that.