- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Georgianna, oil leaking from your air cleaner is caused by oil carryover from the engine. For what ever reason the breather system is not seperating enough oil mist and air from the piston downstroke. There are cheap and quick easy fixes and there are more exspensive ones. Start by trying the following:
1. Run your oil level half way between the add and full mark when hot.
2. Run oil breather lines from head into a TEE fitting below carb/induction module then a single line into a mini filter under frame.
3. Purchase Arlen Ness Super Sucker.
4. Replace umbrella valves and realign oil pump
5. Upgrade oil pump and cam plate
Good luck and have nice day.
This is normal on the sporty. I rode a 1200c for many years and from time to time some blowback would accumulate in the filter and drip from the bottom of the filter cover. Just clean it off and enjoy the ride.