Question about 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
I hit the starter switch and the bike turns over but it will not fire...any ideas??
Hi, Pellegrino60 and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
2007 Yamaha R6 Won Start
2007 Yamaha YZF R6 Service Manual R6 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 28, 2016
could be a safety shutdown by computer, only your dealer can erase the code....and then you'll find out whats wrong...and why the computer doesn't want you starting and damaging the bike.......Good Luck to you friend....Tim
Posted on May 12, 2009
The dealer or an automotive paint/autobody shop can tell you where the vehicle ID plate. This is different from the VIN plate. Locations differ by make and year. Fastened to a frame member usually.
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6
Mar 27, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
May 02, 2013 | Yamaha YZF-R6 Motorcycles
Feb 05, 2013 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jan 28, 2013 | Yamaha YZF-R6 Motorcycles
Oct 09, 2012 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
May 16, 2010 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 02, 2010 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 25, 2009 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 13, 2009 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
495 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: