Question about 2009 Yamaha Vity
My bike is a 2009 yamaha vity sc125e bike. I have booked her into a motorcycle shop tomorrow to be looked at, but what are likely causes of this?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous it should be noted that the reasons your check engine light constant or flashing, will or will not start, turns over or not conditions varies from the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work or event IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying bike down/crashes, rainstorms/bike washings just before EFI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
6. Check for generated fault codes.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your issue please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
VITY 125 engine management light
Yamaha Fault Codes
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA VITY XC125E Owner Manual
Posted on Feb 01, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
best place to start is behind your back light then follow wires to a place where you want to splice in your trailer socket
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
SOURCE: wiring diagram for bike
You can go to your local dealer and they usally will copy it out of ther service manuel for you.When you say passing lights do you mean highway lights?
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
Need to check the ECU for registered malfunction.You must take it to a dealer's workshop.Engine warning light means that a sensor is not working properly.
Posted on May 31, 2009
Your fuel mixture is incorrect, take a look at your plugs, if they are white or clean it's too lean, black and sooty too rich, grey to light tan good mixture.
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2014 | 2010 Yamaha Vity
Nov 01, 2013 | 2010 Yamaha Vity
Dec 14, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Oct 17, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Oct 16, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Sep 04, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Aug 11, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Mar 21, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Nov 14, 2011 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
Jul 21, 2011 | 2009 Yamaha Vity
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: