Question about 1997 Yamaha YZF 600 R thunder cat
Hi, Paul and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
YZF600R Forums View topic no spark no start
2001 yamaha yzf600r no spark
Yamaha YZF600 YZF600R 1994 2007 Service Repair Manual PDF Download Manuals...
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha YZF600RP Owner Manual
Posted on Aug 15, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 15, 2017 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
on Nov 22, 2010 | Motorcycles
Oct 03, 2011 | 1999 Toyota Corolla
Dec 19, 2009 | 1993 Honda Civic 4 Door
Aug 06, 2009 | 2003 Saturn L-Series
Oct 10, 2008 | 1990 Acura Integra Hatchback
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: