Question about 2008 Harley Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Tries to start, then starter kicks in again and sounds really bad
Hi Craig, and the usual supects are:
1. Spark plugs are in bad condition, improper gap, partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery nearly discharged.
4. Loose wire connection at one of the battery terminals especially the negative cable at "BOTH" ends,coil, or plug between the Ignition Sensor and Control Module.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in fuel system/tank
7. Water or dirt in carburator.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricking fuel flow.
10. Inrichner valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition not functioning properly possible faulty CKP, CTS or MAP sensor.
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For a possible prime suspect please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day.Harley Diagnostic Codes 04 to Present
Posted on Jun 23, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 23, 2016 | Cub Cadet LTX 1050 KW 50" 23HP Kawasaki...
Aug 25, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 29, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Jun 11, 2017 | 2010 Genuine Scooter Buddy 50
Dec 24, 2010 | 1993 Honda Accord
Sep 27, 2010 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
Aug 01, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Impala
Feb 26, 2010 | 2007 Benelli TnT 1130
Oct 12, 2009 | 1993 Pontiac Grand Am
Dec 22, 2008 | 1991 Suzuki Sidekick
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: