Question about 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
8. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2 and/or BAS).
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Posted on Oct 27, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like time for a new ignition switch. The 4000 rev is probably fuel going into the engine when engine runs down rpm while stopping.
Posted on Apr 08, 2009
check the slave cylinder then bleed the clutch if you have a miti vac vacum pump attach the pipe to the bleed nipple and pump to full vacum then with the fluid resiviour cap off and filled open the nipple
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2014 | 2008 Aprilia RSV 1000 R
Aug 09, 2012 | 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille
May 19, 2012 | Aprilia RSV Mille R Motorcycles
Feb 10, 2012 | 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille
Sep 03, 2011 | 2000 Aprilia RSV Mille
Oct 16, 2017 | 2007 Aprilia RSV 1000 R
May 25, 2010 | 2004 Aprilia RSV Mille R
Aug 31, 2009 | 1999 Aprilia RSV Mille
Apr 19, 2009 | 2000 Aprilia RSV Mille
Feb 11, 2009 | 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Edwards
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: