Question about 1996 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
My 1996 gl1500 honda Goldwing se won't t go into in neutral and won't start@
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Bike won start GL1500 Information Questions goldwingdocs com GL1500 turns over but wont start
Honda GL1500 Service Manual
Honda Goldwing GL1500 SE Owner Manual
Posted on Nov 01, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
We had the same thing tonite. thanx to the guy that pointed us in the right direction.
More specificly, if you remove the seat, you will find two black plastic boxes, one on each side. they hold a 30-40 pin connector. the one on the left side (as you are sitting on it) we found one burned connection in the corner of the plug. a green wire. we cut the wire off both sides of the plugs & made a jumper (bypassed the plug) works good, even the cruise works now too.
hope this helps. now we can relax & have some beers EH!!
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2016 | 1995 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Jun 12, 2014 | 1994 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
May 23, 2014 | 1996 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
May 16, 2014 | 1996 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Nov 16, 2013 | 1996 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Oct 14, 2013 | 1996 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Apr 30, 2013 | 1996 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Mar 09, 2013 | 1992 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Jun 07, 2011 | 1989 Honda GL 1500 Gold Wing
May 08, 2010 | 1999 Honda GL 1500 SE Gold Wing
Oct 31, 2017 | Motorcycles
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: