Question about 2004 Harley Davidson FLSTF - FLSTFI Fat Boy
It happened when the battery went dead and I jumped it off with a battery charger
Maintenance for Winter Storage
* At 10,000 miles, the steering head bearings need lubricating.
* At 20,000 miles, lubricate the steering head bearings again and adjust them if necessary. Also, change the front fork oil.
* At 25,000 miles, lubricate the master cylinder pistons, the front brake lever pin and the brake caliper pins. Replace the brake caliper boots, bushings and the rubber components in the master cylinders and calipers.
* At 30,000 miles, replace the rear fork bearings.
Pre-Ride Check List
* Changing the oil and filter.
* Adding fuel stabilizer and running the bike so the fluid flow through the fuel system.
* Remove the battery and plug it into a battery tender that will keep it charged through the winter or run your bike for a few minutes every few weeks to keep the battery charged.
* Properly inflate the tires and move the bike occasionally to even out the tire pressure.
* Clean the bike, polish your chrome and aluminum surfaces, wash the windshield and treat the leather surfaces with a protector.
* Store it indoors, or cover the Harley with a motorcycle cover, to protect it from the elements.
* Your fluids.
* Your controls, such as the brakes, throttle and steering.
* Your tire pressure.
* Your breaks.
* Your lights, like your signals, headlights and tail lights.
* Your mirrors, to make sure they are properly adjusted.
* Your battery.
* Inspect for leaks related to oil, fuel and hydraulics.
* Examine the drive belt and sprockets.
Posted on Jan 14, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2013 | 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Jul 18, 2011 | Lincoln Navigator Cars & Trucks
Jun 26, 2011 | 2006 Dodge Charger
Jan 17, 2011 | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab
Dec 18, 2010 | 2008 Ford Fusion
Nov 30, 2010 | 2005 Ford Taurus
Oct 20, 2010 | Pontiac Montana SV6 Cars & Trucks
Sep 04, 2009 | 1999 Toyota Camry
Dec 04, 2008 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: