Question about 2013 Honda CRF 450R
Walked it around back yard a few times under power. Stored at - 10 C. Would not start, so put it inside at 18 C for 3 days. Confined myself to owners manual and service manual for startup procedures. Once in a while it runs for less than 2 seconds, just long enough for the EFI light to come on.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2005 crf450r wont start
What to Do Check When Dirt Bike Won Start
Honda CRF450X 2005 Service Manual
Honda CRF450R Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 26, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
better check for the ignition coil for proper sparking or igniting of current in the comprssion chamber, check the ignition coil spark plug wire, check the spark plug, check for proper fuel supply in the flow system to Carbs, check for Ignition timing of the bike, or still you cant solve or still worried then dont worry better take the bike to nearest aurhorised Suzuki service centre for better assistance on this problem surely the problem will be solved.
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
SOURCE: Misfiring 2007 Honda VFR 800
I would say that your bike may be running a little lean. I usually replace the jets on all my bikes as soon as I get them as the emissions requirements mandate that the manufacturers pass stringent emissions tests prior to the dealer selling them. Some bikes wont even idle or run, especially off road bikes from places like California. and in these cases you must re jet it is a must! I even throw away or drill larger holes into my air cleaner cover.
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
make sure gas is coming from the tank fawcett then thru the line to the float---chec if choke is workin-or try holding something over carb throat to create suction a book by johns and edmonson explains carbs well and other repair
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2014 | 2010 Honda CRF450R
May 29, 2017 | 1998 Honda Accord
May 29, 2017 | 1998 Honda Accord
Jul 10, 2012 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jul 16, 2011 | Ford Transit Connect Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
May 01, 2011 | 1990 Honda CBR 600 F(1)L
May 20, 2010 | Coleman Powermate Powermate 5000W...
Apr 25, 2018 | Motorcycles
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: