Question about 2010 Honda CRF150R
Motor suddenly stopped. We thought spark plug was broken and changed it, but it didn't help. We also changed ignition coil and even CDI unit. There is no spark, the bike doesn't start at all. Also, the tachometer doesn't work anymore.@
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
11. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Crf150r no spark
Honda 2004 CRF150F Owner Manual
Posted on Nov 01, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 07 ktm 450sxf wont start
take your carb out, clean the entire thing, that means every nook in that *****. do this and if still a problem write back because in most cases were n idiot is involved, this is the most over looked problem
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
I would get a test light and check if i had power to my coil and to my cdi module .You more than likely lost powerto one of them .those cdi last for every. check your switch make sure you got power there to. Hope this help
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
SOURCE: my keeway wont start
Check the fuses. Is the kill switch on or shorting out? Disconnect it and then check for spark. Sidestand/centerstand should be up, Got a good battery?
I am unfamiliar with your Keeway and just trying to help. Don't give me a bad rating if I miss the mark on this one. Thanks.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
SOURCE: no spark 110cc engine wont start
Check the fuses. Next, check for spark but with a new spark plug. How good is the battery? If needed, add water to the battery cells enough to cover the top of the cell plates.Try a jump start from your car battery. Is the kill switch on? Check the operation of the ignition switch with a volt ohmmeter. You should be getting power into and out of the ignition switch.
If the bike doesn't start and run properly check the side stand kill switch. It kills the engine so that you don’t start out with the side stand down. Broken or out of adjustment, it would kill the spark. Check for a broken wire at the switch or coupler. Get a service manual and check out the electrical section. Some bikes have a diode integrated into the turn signal relay. Try moving the kill switch by hand. If that doesn’t work then wire a jumper around the switch to bypass it. If that doesn’t work, check out the relay.
Check the wiring harness. Did a wire come unplugged? Are all wires clean and with solid connections? Any abraded or pinched wires? Is the bike in neutral and the neutral light is lit up? If no neutral light, check the neutral switch and neutral switch wire on center casing.
Please rate this answer. Thanks
Posted on May 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2016 | Motorcycles
Apr 17, 2014 | 2007 Honda CRF 150 R
Apr 10, 2014 | 2010 Honda CBF125
Jan 31, 2014 | 1986 Honda VT 1100 C
Sep 25, 2013 | 2012 Honda CRF 150R
Sep 17, 2013 | 2010 AJS Regal Raptor DD50 E2
Jul 20, 2013 | 2010 Honda CRF150R
Mar 01, 2013 | 2007 Honda CRF 150 R
Feb 23, 2013 | 2009 Honda CRF150R
Nov 21, 2011 | 2001 Chrysler Town & Country
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: