Question about 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
I need to know the procedure that you would use from start to finish please. Thanks
Polaris or Sportster the procedure is the same:
1. Run the engine to warm it up to normal temperature.
2. Disconnect and remove both spark plugs.
3. Screw the compression tester into the spark plug hole for either of the cylinders.
4. Hold the throttle open fully, also make certain the choke is open. This is important to get good readings.
5. Crank the engine until there is no further increase in reading at the tester gauge - about 10 seconds of cranking should suffice. Make certain the battery is fully charged to get accurate readings.
6. Record the final reading
7. Repeat for the other cylinder
The difference between the two readings should not be more than 15%.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2016 | Motorcycles
Jun 10, 2011 | 2007 Rhino Hunter R
Jun 09, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha TT-R 125 L
Dec 01, 2009 | Honda FT 500 Motorcycles
Jun 08, 2009 | 2002 Victory V 92 C
Jan 21, 2009 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
Nov 18, 2008 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: