Question about 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
I need to know the procedure that you would use from start to finish please. Thanks
Polaris or Sportster the procedure is the same:
1. Run the engine to warm it up to normal temperature.
2. Disconnect and remove both spark plugs.
3. Screw the compression tester into the spark plug hole for either of the cylinders.
4. Hold the throttle open fully, also make certain the choke is open. This is important to get good readings.
5. Crank the engine until there is no further increase in reading at the tester gauge - about 10 seconds of cranking should suffice. Make certain the battery is fully charged to get accurate readings.
6. Record the final reading
7. Repeat for the other cylinder
The difference between the two readings should not be more than 15%.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 01, 2015 | Polaris 2011 Scrambler 500 4x4
Sep 20, 2010 | Polaris ATV
Aug 03, 2010 | Polaris ATV
Jun 28, 2010 | Polaris Scrambler Men's Mountain Bike
Mar 20, 2010 | Polaris ATV
Jan 21, 2010 | Polaris ATV
Jan 21, 2009 | 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883
211 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: