Question about Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy Motorcycles
1993 Harley Fatboy sat for 3 weeks. Has spark and getting fuel, turns over good but will not even attempt to fire.
Hi Leon, and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections.
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
Posted on May 17, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
May I suggest a trip to your local library. Cycle repair books should be in 646 stacks of reference.
Otherwise you can Google for 2003 Clymer Service manuals on the internet.
I think Clymer had electrical diagrams in their books. I doubt that any except the HD service book would have anything about the physical location of the harness, but the pictures in the other books would help you.
Posted on Oct 11, 2009
SOURCE: need manual for 1993 harley
Try this place. http://www.diyrepairmanuals.com/products.asp?cat=14144 You will not find any service manuals or owner manuals online for a free download. Harley is very protective of their copyrighted material.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
First take the trip meter reset knob off the speedometer. Then remove the center bolt or nut from the middle of the console just below the speedometer. Work the console cover off of the speedometer. Remove the seat. Remove the fuel line from the fuel petcock and drain as much fuel out of the tank as you can. Once you get as much fuel from the petcock, disconnect the "cross-over" fuel line at the front of the tank. Catch as much of the gasoline as possible.
Remove the two bolts at the Front of each tank and the one at the rear of the tank on top of the frame remove the tanks one at the time. There is a vent line that connects both tanks that crosses underneath the dash.
Posted on Mar 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2017 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Feb 11, 2014 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Aug 02, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLSTF - FLSTFI Fat Boy...
Apr 12, 2012 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fat Boy
Mar 18, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy Motorcycles
Jul 19, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy
Mar 14, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy Motorcycles
May 01, 2009 | 1993 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy
Apr 02, 2009 | 1993 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy
Dec 01, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: