Question about 2004 Yamaha DT 125 R
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
5. Faulty ignition coil or ignition / electronic module
6. Failed CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Mar 12, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i have well, had a very similar problem, my headlight kept going on my 1990 dt125r from 1990 to 2003 the engine is the same so i feel it may be the same fix, the regulator/rectifier stopped working properly and was alowying to much power to get to the headlight and blew it, i got a new regulator/rectifier for around £30 ish, you could tell when it went caus the higher you reved it the brighter the light got until it blew not like when it gets brighter from tickover, it was just proggesive and just kept getting brighter the more you revved it, hope this helps
Posted on Aug 06, 2009
Hi fit butcher,
The assembly of DT's speedo are all the same after 1998 models. below is a picture of a 2002 DT125/175. the assembly is the same, only that yours does not have a tachometer, yet the placement of the assembly is the same.
and here is the manual for your unit,
hope this helps,
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
email as i did and i got what i wanted. site still under construction though
Posted on Aug 09, 2009
Try one of these:
Online and free.
Posted on Oct 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Apr 16, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Nov 20, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Jun 30, 2013 | 2003 Yamaha DT 125 R
Apr 21, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Mar 31, 2013 | Yamaha DT 125 R Motorcycles
Feb 23, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Mar 21, 2011 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Mar 20, 2009 | 2006 Yamaha DT 125 X
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: