This has happened several times now. I ride the bike for a week straight, after i park it in the garage for 3 days it will not start, the battery is brand new. something on my bike must be drawing power when its off. Please note there is no electronics on this bike except the electric start.
Even though the battery is new does not mean its not faulty!
Also you might want to check the bikes alternater and make sure it is charging the battery when you are running the bike!
I hope this helps you!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like the battery is not holding a charge, if you connect a volt meter just after charging you will get a good reading, each cell of a battery is 2.2 volts so you should have a reading of 13 volts. Battery may have a faulty cell, which will drag the other cells down, is the electolite covering the plates in all the cells, this will affect the battery's ability to hold a charge. My Suzuki did this earlier on this year, nearly bought a new battery, checked and topped up the electolite first and its been fine since
If there was some point at which you drained the battery too much (left the ignition or parking light on) and then recharged the batttery, the battery will no longer hold a full 12 volt charge, nor will it ever be able to hold a charge for more than a week thereafter. You need a new battery.
The other solution is a little obvious though -- why leave such a beautiful bike hiding in the garage for that long anyway?
sounds like the battery doesn't have enough power.
Battery may be bad, or your charging system is bad.
If the bike was sitting for a while not being ridden (longer than 3 weeks) then the battery is probably dead.
go to a local powersports shop and ask them about a "trickle charger" this is what you plug the bike into when you park the bike for a long time like the winter. You can dfind a cheap charger for about $20. It has to be a trickle charger not a regular battery charger otherwise it could overcharge and the battery could explode or even catch fire. This will keep your battery from dieing everytime you park the bike for an extended period of time.
you have a bad ignition switch only thing that turns battery power on to rest of bike the way to check is to unplug the ignition an leave it un plugged an see if battery still drains there should be nothing hot but the main wires to ignition unless you have bag lights or radio hope that helps you to keep riding