Question about 2009 Honda PS125i
THE RED F1 LIGHTS IS FLASHING ON AND OFF WHEN I TWIST THE THROTTLE I GET NO POWER AND THE BIKES SPLUTTERING AND IT KEEPS CUTTING OUT@
Hi, Sweettel71 it should be noted that the reasons your FI light stays on constantly or flashes and your bike will or will not start and may turn over or not, these conditions will vary from bike to bike depending on the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work done to the bike or an abnormal event occurrence IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying bike down/crashes, rain storms/bike washings just before FI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. A discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty safety switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Scooter not powering up
Honda Motorcycles Fault Codes
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Nov 03, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: where is the battery compartment
It's inside the utility box compartment, under the seat. Near the seat lock, open the plastic lid to see the missing battery!
Hope that helps you!
Posted on Jul 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machine 7422
Apr 23, 2015 | Motorcycles
Apr 18, 2015 | kawasaki Motorcycles
Aug 31, 2014 | Kenwood VR-405 Receiver
May 17, 2014 | 2009 Honda PS125i
Apr 09, 2013 | 2009 Honda PS125i
Jan 03, 2018 | RCA Scenium M50WH187 50" HDTV
Feb 03, 2013 | Washing Machines
Nov 29, 2012 | Motorcycles
Feb 25, 2012 | 2009 Honda CRF450R
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: