Question about 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
My R6 has been shutting off in the morning while it's running to warm up. While the display shows Lo it runs, but as soon as it changes to 104 it turns off and won't start unless i hold the throttel open. Once the temp reaches 140+ degrees it will stay on. On top of that the bike sputters while idleing. Any idea?
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Service Manual R6 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 19, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i think the engine oil is the problem.
because i think at above 80 degrees it is loosing its viscosity due to which the piston is slipping inside the cylinder.
change its engine oil .
Posted on Jul 12, 2009
hi,this might help,the carbs off the 550 will have smaller idle (pilot) jets,this will not allow enough fuel through at idle,the main jets sound like they are reasonably close,i would pull apart the ones off the 650 and check the jet sizes and then compare them with the ones off the 550,you will probably find that the ones out of the 550 are way to small,change the jets over(if they are compatible..should be)and your problem will most likely go away...hope this helps...cheers
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
SOURCE: I replaced the top end
The most common answer you will receive for this question is more than likely check and clean your pilot jet and pilot circuit with compressed air and new pilot jet ideally.
I must confess in most cases this does apply except the last 3 rebuilds I have done on 400, 426 and a 450 YZ exactly the same problem where hard to start and when started only wanted to run with choke on they all ended up being leaking intake valves
Best option if you can is clean pilot circuit replace pilot jet - Then double check your valve clearances (sometimes to tight can leave the intake valves hanging open when meant to be closed) then if still no joy, Do a leak down test or get your local shop to do leak down test - The leak down test will save you a lot of frustration diagnosing internal issues. Just to clarify don't pay too much attention to the percentage loss of the test just do the test to confirm if there is a leak or not.
good luck - Regards Jamie
Posted on May 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet Aveo
Dec 30, 2012 | Ford Explorer Sport Cars & Trucks
Apr 16, 2012 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R6
Mar 17, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
Aug 26, 2011 | Sta Rite Sr200lp Max E Therm Pool & Spa...
Jun 05, 2011 | 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
Feb 26, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jan 13, 2011 | 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Mar 05, 2010 | Pentair Minimax NT Heater
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: